What is a Vape POD System?
Vape Pod Systems and AIO Vape Systems are surging in growth thanks to the introduction Nicotine Salt E-liquids, which contain higher nicotine concentration, increasing the amount and speed of nicotine delivery. The growth can also be attributable to the acceptance of vaping as a less harmful alternative to smoking combustible tobacco cigarettes.
POD Systems have helped and continue to help thousand of smokers around the globe break their smoking habit by providing an excellent alternative to cigarettes. AIO Pod Systems provide smokers with an alternative that is cheap, easy to use, and most importantly satisfying. They are based on the same principles as large vaporizers but in a smaller form factor.
Many smokers who want to quit initially purchase vape pens and vape mods not realizing how complex vaping gets when you begin to look at the variety of tanks, mods, coils, power settings, and e-liquids that are out there. Pod Systems eliminate that obstacle by providing an AIO (All-in-one) device that combines all of these moving parts into one package.
In a nutshell, Vape Pod Systems are mini vaporizers that are comprised of two main components: A Pod that you fill with eJuice and a battery that the pod attaches to. Pod Systems come in two varieties: Pre-filled Pod Systems, such as the JUUL and Refillable Pod Systems, such as the SMOK Nord.
Refillable Pod System are equipped with cartridges similar to the JUUL. The POD itself contains the ejuice reservoir, coil, and wick, allowing vapers to fill the pod with a vape juice of his or her choice. Vape Pod Systems are fairly cheap, ranging from $30 for a high-end pod system to $15 for lower-end models.
Pod System Pros
- Experience. Many Vapers enjoy using pod systems as an alternative to smoking because vaping replicates the experience of smoking, you inhale vapor and you exhale it just like you would inhale and exhale smoke from a cigarettes.
- Satisfying. Vapers are able to satisfy their nicotine cravings by using nicotine salts in their pod systems. Nicotine Salts carry much more nicotine than traditional e-liquids, offering vapers a satisfying amount of nicotine without sacrificing the smoothness or flavor of the vapor.
- Low Cost. As previously mentioned, vape pod systems can be purchased for as little as $15 for an entry level kit and another $15 for a decent 30mL bottle of nicotine salt, making vaping accessible to most smokers.
- Simple Operation. Most pod systems are draw activated, meaning all you have to do is fill your favorite salt nicotine into your pod, wait a couple of minutes for the ejuice to saturate the coils, and take a puff. It’s that simple. Some devices are activated via button, in this case all you have to do is press the firing button while taking a puff from the device. Once the battery is empty, all you need to do is recharge it.
- Maintenance. Pod Systems do not require much maintenance, you simply charge the battery, fill the pod with salt nicotine, and vape. After you have filled the pod several times, you will need to purchase a new pod as the coils will gunk up after a couple of refills (usually 3 to 5 refills).
Pod System Cons
- Liquid Capacity. Although pod systems are stealthier and easier to carry around, this portability comes at a cost, the cost being e-juice capacity. Sub-Ohm Tanks typically carry around 5ml of ejuice; whereas pods usually carry between 1.0ml to 2.5ml of vape juice. So, you will have to refill them more than you typically would with a Sub-Ohm Tank setup.
- Battery Life. Although battery life is decent on most pod system, offering around two to three hours of use, they cannot compete with box mods, which can last some vapers an entire day on a single charge. For vapers who use a box mod and would like to use the pod system when out and about, battery life will probably not be an issue; however, for someone who exclusively uses a pod system and nothing else, you may need to recharge your pod system throughout the day. This all depends on how often you will use your vaporizer.
Overall, Pod Systems provide a great experience for someone who wants to quit smoking, mainly because of their ability to replicate the experience of smoking and satisfy smokers’ nicotine cravings. The low cost of pod systems combined with their ease-of-use make pod system great for entry-level and experience vapers alike.
List of our Favorite & Best Selling Pod Systems
- SMOK Nord. The SMOK Nord is an amazing pod system that pushes the limits of what’s possible. This device features an 1100mAh battery and 3mL eliquid reservoir, making it one of the best pod systems currently available. Flavor on the Nord is also excellent thanks to the three coil options that this pod system offers.
- Vaporesso Renova Zero. The Renova Zero by Vaporesso offers vapers a simple device that’s easy to fill and operate. This pods have a ceramic coil that produces clouds of delicious vapor. The Renova sports a 650mAh battery that is great for pod systems in its class.
- Suorin Drop. The Suorin Drop is a great pod system for vapers seeking a mouth-to-lung device. Flavor from the pods is excellent and vapor production is decent. The devices are built to last and will definitely satisfy your nicotine cravings with a good nic salt vape juice.
- Suorin Air. The Suorin Air is another excellent device from Suorin, offering a more airy draw than the Suorin Drop. Pods produce excellent flavor and excellent vapor production. Device is sleek and great for travelling.
Pod System vs. Starter Kits
Starter Kits are another great alternative for beginner vapers and experienced vapers, who are looking to quit smoking but still want to enjoy nicotine. Pod Systems are quickly becoming the preferred setup for new vapers because they are the closest things to actual cigarettes. Maintenance is relatively an issue with pods systems, when the pod goes bad, just pop in a new one and fill it with your favorite eliquid and you’re ready to go.
Mods, on the other hand, are more popular because they allow users to customize their vaping experience. Mods come with a slew of features that pod systems don’t. If you have ever seen someone produce large clouds of vapor, chances are he or she is using a mod with a sub-ohm setup. Sub-Ohm Tanks come paired with Full Starter Kits, these tanks are usually made from Pyrex Glass and they house a coil, just like a pod system, that heats up and vaporizers the eliquid.
Mods are typically powered by rechargeable batteries that are removable, meaning that if you’re battery dies, you can just switch the batteries out with fresh batteries and continue vaping, something you cannot do with a pod system. Until recently, only mods and sub-ohm tanks allowed users to customize the amount of air they want flowing through the device, how much power was sent to the coils, and the temperature of the vapor. Recently, some pod system, such as the SMOK Nord and Innokin DV have opened the door for vapers to customize their pod systems. These changes have been welcomed by the vaping community.
Overall, pods are great for beginners and advanced vapers alike because they offer great nicotine delivery all from a small portable package. Full Starter Kits are also great because they allow vapers to customize their vape settings and choose from a larger variety of eliquids. That said, both are great alternatives to smoking and we hope you find the alternative that suits you.